Thursday, September 1, 2011

YEP! am alive.

Hiya people!


Well am n't gonna ask you if you missed me here. Nope. I don't cover big-stuffs like my friends and fellow bloggers. I write stuff, half the time with short-hand notations and improper punctuations. It has been months and more than an year since i blogged the last time. In this span, things which have changed my life entirely have happened. I did meet a couple of new friends and did reap some not-loving-friends too. Am not planning to share every moment that passed until now, because not everything is worth sharing.

By now many of you would be knowing that i have shifted my location for my Masters. Yeah Chennai is not my state-capital now. The Lion-city welcomed me with a candy at the immigration counter more than a month back. The place where littering, spitting is a higher-order offence. The place where i need to press a button and wait for a minute to cross the road, where i can't jump on and off the bus just-like-that, where i find a gym-a park-a drink vending machine almost in every building - yeah am living in Singapore. You have been here before? May be these things will make much sense to you. If you answered 'No', lemme put it in simple terms- (Clean+corruption less Chennai + more strict rules ) * More Chinese + English men + Banglas = SINGAPURA !

Am a Vegan and everything that's available here is non-vegelicious in one way or the other. And that's when i decided to cook my own meal. No! It didn't taste that bad. Except that i tried new combinations, like substituting gram dal instead of toor dal in the rasam and sambars and mixing white rice with idly-chilly-powder thinking it to be parupu-powder LOL. Now temme am i a that bad cook?

Nothing here bothers me except for the routine! As a person I CRAVE FOR VARIETIES! Be it the food or the drink, i die for the different-kinds. Every weekend in Chennai used to be special. The mess i make in my kitchen in the name of trying out different food-stuff. The cakes, pizzas, poha (my sister's vote), custards, mojito (my friend's recipe), cookies (my little friend's favorite)..chilli panner (the last one i cooked for my school-mates a few days before i left Chennai).. There have been countless encounters big and small, flops and great-shows. I kinda miss them. The scoldings i used to get from mom for using more-oil, for making the kitchen a BIG mess, My dad's hugs for super-cool recipes and super-cool poses for camera with my food, my sis's occasional madness at me for applying engineering theories to the conventional ways of cooking- yeah i miss all of them.

But on the brighter side, there are a group of good friends who lead me and love me, a few seniors to guide me through, a loving neighbour who provides me with OC internet ;),super-cool owner uncle who offers us a couch to watch movies in his home-theatre system ;), not to mention my-not-loving-friends who make sure i get more closer to my true-friends..

LUVOO PPL :) :) catch u up soon :)
With all-smyls and nostalagic moments in my kitchen,
ur l8-lil-blogger :D

nands

Ryt-now: exploring the city a lil-by-lil, feeling hungry and walking to my blue-berry cordial, debating on whether to go to mangatha :D







2 comments:

Naren said...

guess u had some variety in today's lunch ;)

Nandhu said...

yeah ;) fake-non-vegetarian food :D